For those who are new to WordPress, just getting the software installed can be a challenge. Luckily, for those who have cPanel through their web hosting, installing WordPress is really simple and straight forward. This tutorial will help you install WordPress with Fantastico Deluxe in cPanel hosting.
1. Login to cPanel.
2. Go to the “software/services” section of cPanel by scrolling down. You will then find the Fantastico button. Click that button.
3. Look at the left sidebar in the Fantastico sidebar. Look under the “blogs” software section and find “WordPress.” Click this link.
4. Look for the link that says “New Installation” and click on that.
5. The next page will be where you put all of the info related to your new blog. If you want to install the blog in the root folder, you can leave the “Install in directory” field blank. If you want to install it in a folder (we used the /test/ folder), you can just put the name of the folder. No slashes are necessary. You then choose your WordPress admin username and password. Then put your admin name, email, site name and tagline. All of these can be changed in the WordPress administration later, so don’t feel like you are locked into what you put during the installation process. Then click “Install WordPress.”
6. This will bring up the last page before the installation is complete. It just shows the databases that will be created. Click “Finish installation” to complete the process.
7. You will then be shown a summary of the installation, along with a link that will take you to the WordPress admin login page. You can always access the login page by adding /wp-admin to the end of your blog’s web address. You will use the admin username and password you chose during the WordPress installation using Fantastico.
We hope we have helped with the installation of WordPress using Fantastico in cPanel. This is a much simpler way of installing WordPress, as opposed to uploading the FTP files, creating databases, etc. We always use Fantastico and hope you find it useful as well. Please leave a comment if you have any questions about this tutorial! Good luck!